About my adventures in Paris. Feel free to leave comments.

Tuesday 30 September 2014

The first month

We've been here for almost a month now. It took me a while to get used to all the people all over the place when in Paris but now it doesn't bother me the way it used to. We have our own little coffee place and I've come to enjoy running around in Paris. I haven't practiced french as much as I would have hoped but the longer we're here the more contacts we get and the more opportunities I get to practice.

I've started playing the guitar in church now. It seems like I'll be doing that until we leave. It's nice to be involved. I still find the sermons very hard to follow and I get very tired trying to listen but it's just a matter of time.  

We found an Irish shop where we found lots of lovely Irish products. One thing that we just had to get was Barry's tea.

We found a power outlet at one of the food places in Paris.
This is very rare around here apparently.
 We spent most of the weekend in Paris and had a great time.

Hannah had a meeting with the young adults so I joined her. We discussed how we would do things and how often and things like that. Every fortnight we're going to meet up and do something together. The meetings are going to be in French so that's where I'm going to get most of my practice.
Taking a food brake after all the planning


We found this in the metro. If you get tired from walking in all those
stairs you can just sit down and take a break. Isn't this just lovely? 

On Saturday we had a meeting with the guys in the picture to the left. They're from YWAM (Youth With A Mission) Paris and we talked about their DTS (Discipleship Training School) program. For those of you who don't know it's basically that during the first half you get some training in Paris and the second half is a missionary trip to south east Asia. We had some concerns about finances and things like that but after the meeting all our concerns disappeared. The school is quite expensive and in total it will cost us about 5000€ each. We don't have all the money at the moment but we hope to raise enough to pay for the entire program. 


After the meeting we took a look at
the view before going back home  


Going through the songs before the service

Happy Hannah on the train

T and I did some male bonding when putting together his new desk.
Ta was there to get some of the sweets T had.

The new French coffee press I bought to replace the one I broke
With the DTS and the wedding and everything there's a lot that has to be done and taken care of in addition to everything we already have on our plates. This September has been very rich in experiences and I expect October to offer just as much, if not more. 

2 comments:

  1. vad konstigt jag skrev men verka som det inte kom fram jag testar nu skriver senare mera

    ReplyDelete
  2. vad mycket saker ni hinner med , så man förstår att det är mycket att ta in o smälta, men ni verkar trivas tillsammans o det är bra, här försöker vi också hinna med att ta in den senaste infon (wedding)det går snabbt undan , men ni gav ut infon i god tid så vi hinner vänja oss, sköt om er h fammo inka

    ReplyDelete