About my adventures in Paris. Feel free to leave comments.

Saturday 13 September 2014

A day in Paris



The day started off with me getting O ready for school. I drove her to school and P to the bus stop. I didn't do much when I got home but I took it easy. The dog had done his business inside so I had to clean that up. I opened up the door to let some fresh air in hoping that the stench would leave. 

At lunch I went to pick O up again and I made lunch and then we went off to the international school. We left fairly early so I could guarantee a parking spot. When we got there we went to the park beside the school and played around till the gates to the school opened.


Outside the gates stood a Pakistani woman to whom I spoke. She was in the phone and I recognised the language. When she was done I asked her if she was from India and she explained that she was from Pakistan and she spoke Urdu. I told her about my dad and we talked a bit about how long we've been here and so on. 

When the gates opened we went in and waited for the teacher. I found the classroom and the teacher and everything worked out smoothly for a change. I dropped her off and sat down in the car and waited for thr cars to leave so I could get out. I when I got home I took a shower and got ready to go meet Hannah in Paris. 

This was the first time I got to use my pass navigo. The whole trip to Paris went smoothly. We went to a coffee place and had great coffee and I got a crêpe. After having sat there for a while we decided to go off and see a bit of Paris. We went into a few different shops and just looked around. At one point we went into this shop that turned out to be a "sophisticated sex shop". The shop was so open and everything so you wouldn't have thought it was a sex shop until you got in. 

Later on we went to see the Eiffel Tower. We sat there for quite a while waiting for it to become dark so we could see the tower lit up. While we waited we went to this carousel. 


At nine o'clock there was this lightshow. The Eiffel Tower started flashing all over the place. To be honest I was a bit disappointed. I had expected more when Hannah told me about it. 


Hannah also gave me a brief history lesson about why they built the Eiffel Tower in the first place. In the end I don't really get what all the hype is about. 

We went home to Hannah's place in Antony after the lightshow was done and there I met Christiane. She seems nice but only speaks French so communication was a bit difficult. We had something to eat and then we went off to bed. 

1 comment:

  1. det verkar som du börjar bli ganska van i ditt uppdrag och det lär inte bli långtråkigt, då det ser ut att hända något hela tiden, ha det bra i fortsättningen också h inka

    ReplyDelete