About my adventures in Paris. Feel free to leave comments.

Wednesday 3 September 2014

A leap of faith

Today is the big day. I'm moving to Paris, or one of it's suburbs to be precise. I don't really know what to expect. Now we're going to put my French to the test. You'd think I'd be more excited about it but right now I'm fairly neutral. I suppose it will come later when I'm actually there, surrounded by French people. 

I remember sitting outside on one of the nice summedays thinking about moving to Paris. At that point I was still a bit unsure about going there. I suppose I was a bit worried that the only reason I was going was because of Hannah. After some soul searching and prayers I came to the conclusion that it was more than that. The fact that Hannah will be there is only a bonus. But if I was meant to go, why didn't I already have a place to stay and something to do? September was closing in and I still didn't know what I would do there. 

Later I spoke with Hannah and she said "What if you just buy the plane ticket and trust that God will fix everything? Wouldn't that be a big leap of faith?". I had been thinking something similar myself while I had been out. 

Not long after that I went to a youth weekend. While I sat there I felt compelled. I just knew that I needed to speak with a specific person. I sat waiting for the person to sit down. After running back and forth this person comes and sits down beside me and feels that they need to pray for me. Anyway we talk for a bit and one thing that this person says is "Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and trust that God will take care of you". From that moment on I simply knew that Paris was my next stop. 

A long time passed and at the end of august I still didn't know what was happening. I remember talking to M and discussing my stay in Paris. I felt called to Paris but I still didn't know what I was going to do there. I told him how frustrating it was that it was getting so close without me knowing. "I have no problem trusting God will take care of everything, but does he have to wait so long to do it?" The next day everything fell into place. I know what I'll be doing. Even thought it was scary at times thinking about the future it still paid off to persevere.  


No comments:

Post a Comment